For those who wish to assist the National Trust as volunteers, opportunities are available in the gardens and kitchen.
If you love gardens as much as we do then you'll know they need a lot of care and attention. Volunteer gardeners do practical work to help keep Bodysgallen's gardens in peak condition and looking eye catching.
By getting involved, you could:
- Keep fit and healthy
- Get your hands dirty and enjoy the great outdoor
- Use your gardening know-how, and learn more
- Be part of a varied and enthusiastic team and make new friends
- Really enjoy a cup of tea - it tastes better after all that fresh air!
- Helping the garden team with everyday practical tasks to keep the garden looking its best
- Looking after garden machinery and equipment
- Being a friendly face for visitors and answering any questions
- Helping with projects like new planting or clearing overgrown areas
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible - this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
- There might occasional be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
This role will suit you if you are:
- Keen to work in a team
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Interested in gardening and have a bit of experience
- Reasonably fit - you'll be on your feet, bending and stretching during the day
- Available at least once a fortnight