Guided Tours of North Wales
Guided Tours and Sightseeing by Celticos
The guided tours by Celticos provide an excellent opportunity to view the hidden treasures of the local area, offering an insight into the ‘living culture’ and varied interesting historical past when you visit North Wales. Your guide for the day will be local, knowledgeable and hopefully he or she will be able to make the day the most interesting and enjoyable experience of your stay in the area.
These tours are an ideal opportunity to spend a day in the fresh air enjoying the dramatic scenery, wildlife and hidden treasures of the area as part of your visit to Wales.
Click here to choose from a variety of tours offered by Celticos.
Tour of popular and lesser known National Trust properties
This tour is available for both National Trust/Royal Oak members and non-members. The tour provides an excellent opportunity to visit some famous and some lesser known National Trust properties in this spectacular and scenic area of North Wales. As well as visiting the popular locations of Penrhyn Castle and Plas Newydd, you will also be taken to the Trust's very interesting project sites, such as Hafod y Llan (working farm) and the Craflwyn Estate.
As some of these sites are off the beaten track, it is an ideal opportunity for visitors from overseas and those not familiar with driving down narrow country lanes to be escorted by an experienced local driver/guide.
- Travel up the Ogwen Valley to see the slate quarries, which were the source of funding Penrhyn Castle. You will witness the spectacular rugged scenery of Snowdonia as well as visiting National Trust farms and other interesting sites. Meet Guot Roberts for an introduction to his farm duties and this fascinating location - Swyddog Partneriaeth Cwm Idwal;
- Dyffryn Mymbyr, Hafod y Llan, Craflwyn;
- Stop at Beddgelert and vist the Grave and Ty Isaf;
- Encircle Mount Snowdon to the banks of the Menai Straits with spectacular views of Anglesey, Caernarfon Castle, Vaynol Estate;
- Lunch break at Penrhyn Castle and tour of the site;
- Across the Menai Suspension Bridge to Anglesey;
- Visit Plas Newydd;
- Return to mainland over the Britannia Bridge.
This tour is available to both National Trust/Royal Oak members and non-members; however, non-members will have to pay the entrance fees for National Trust properties Penrhyn Castle and Plas Newydd.
Click on the property to find out more:
Or you can consider joining the National Trust as a member